Sunday 12 December 2010

Welcome to my world!

A little about me and what I do I think!

I'm a Birth and Postnatal Doula training to be an Internationally Board Certified Lactation Consultant IBLCE Vison.  Mouthful huh?

I'm a Recognised Doula with Doula UK which means I follow a Code of Conduct and also adhere to the Doula UK Philosophy

I am mother to five children ranging down from 18 to 6 year old twins. (Please note that the twins are 6 and 3/4 as that is VERY important to them just now).  

People often say I must love children to be a Doula, but it is not the love of children that drew me into Doula-ing.  It was and is a love of people.  Watching new families come together, new life come into the world.  Looking on in awe at the strength, power and beauty of women as they birth their babies.  That's what drew me and holds me captivated.  Until I found Doula-ing, I didn't know that I was called to be a Doula. 

How did I fall into this crazy world of Doula-ing?  Hmm... that means I need to go back a bit and I'll need to share the beginnings of my journey in all its splendour and gore.  That may take some time, so I'll share as I go and hopefully you'll be still be here.  It'll be a long story because I feel that my Doula journey has just begun and has many a mile to travel.



4 comments:

  1. Great blog title :-) Looking forward to reading more Mars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SOO looking forward to reading this blog! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab title; wonderful doula; magnificent woman! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, you're blogging, can't wait to read all. Seriously amazing woman and doula! We feel lucky to have you in our lives and Oscar loves his doula cuddles xx

    ReplyDelete