I'm not really sure how to write this blog post today. I'm a little tired from doing 3 births in less than 1 week with another gently brewing in the background, but I have to share my conversation with a doctor who was stitching up my client (lovely birth, small tear). Or maybe it would be easier to bullet point his comments and leave you to stare in shock or scream at the screen.
- Women should only have one or two babies, especially if they are planning to have caesareans
- Women shouldn't get pregnant. It is an awful thing to be pregnant.
- My wife and I have one child. I don't think that she should have any more babies.
- Midwives don't know how to stitch up vaginal tears very well. It should be left to doctors.
- Women's bodies aren't very good at giving birth. They need our interventions.
- That said, one intervention leads to another so don't pretend to do it naturally if you want to let us break your waters.
- I don't understand why any woman would have more than one child.
- I'm planning on studying in America for a year so that I can learn to do a tummy tuck at the same time as a caesarean.
My lady, her husband and I all stood open mouthed as he spoke. I told him that I couldn't wait to see him in a few years and hoped that when I did, he had four children. We don't think he likes daughters. Is it wicked to hope he has girl triplets? (The answer to that by the way is, YES, wicked to the daughters)
|With my mum and my children (of which I appear to have too many eh Doc?)|